• August 31, 2015
    |
    ||

UGA student found dead in downtown apartment has been named - The Red and Black : Cops

UGA student found dead in downtown apartment has been named

Related Stories

Posted: Friday, February 7, 2014 9:04 am | Updated: 4:18 pm, Fri Oct 10, 2014.

The police have identified the University of Georgia student found dead inside 909 Broad apartment complex Thursday night as George Kuei, Athens-Clarke County Police said.

Kuei was 22 years old and was from Alpharetta, said Hilda Sorrow, public information office for ACCPD.

“No foul play is suspected,” said Sorrow. “But residents living there should pay attention to their surroundings.”

Sorrow said the cause of death will be determined pending the autopsy and toxicology report.

The student's name was released Friday morning after police were called at about 6 p.m. by Kuei's roommates. They arrived on scene at an apartment inside 909 Broad shortly after.

Sonny Wilson, the county coroner, said he arrived on scene around 6:30 p.m. and pronounced Kuei dead at 6:55 p.m.

Sorrow said Kuei’s body has been sent to the Georgia Bureau of investigation’s crime lab in Decatur.

Results could take up to four to six weeks to determine the cause of death.

No other information has been released at this time.