• April 25, 2015
    |
    ||

UGA student found dead inside University Apartment - The Red and Black : Crime

UGA student found dead inside University Apartment

Related Stories

Related Documents

Posted: Monday, August 19, 2013 7:00 am | Updated: 11:02 am, Thu Sep 5, 2013.

A University of Georgia student was found dead in a University Apartment complex apartment Saturday at 8:42 a.m., according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report.

Officers reportedly responded to a call from the deceased’s father who was concerned after his son did not respond to his knocks on the door, even though his son's car was in the parking lot.

The victim's father said he had not heard from the victim since Wednesday around 2:02 p.m., which made him worry since the deceased typically checked in with his father “every day or every other day,” according to the report.

Officers received a key to the apartment from the community’s assistant and entered the apartment.

The responding officer reported that he “immediately smelled a very strong odor as soon as the door was opened,” according to the report.

The victim was found lying “on his back on the floor halfway under the bed.”

According to the report, the victim was pronounced dead at the scene by the coroner.

The case is still under investigation.