• September 3, 2015
    |
    ||

Student found dead in Peachtree City - The Red and Black : News

Student found dead in Peachtree City

Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:38 pm

A 24-year-old University student was found dead in a Peachtree City home over the weekend, according to police.

Samuel Kennedy was found unresponsive Sunday morning in the Bradford Estates subdivision in Peachtree City. The cause of death is unknown. Friends remember Kennedy as a loving friend.

“He was a great guy,” said Scott Eichler, Kennedy’s roommate in Vandiver Hall.

Eichler said Kennedy was studying kinesiology and liked working out, sports and hanging out with his girlfriend and friends. “He loved the New England Patriots,” Eichler said. Jason Broom, a former co-worker of Kennedy’s, said Kennedy was a “guy’s guy” and had a passion for life and lived each day to the fullest.

“He was a stand-up guy with a good heart,” Broom said. “You couldn’t ask for a better friend than Sam.”

Broom said he got to know Kennedy when they worked together at Best Buy for several years. He said Kennedy had a lot of friends and would definitely be missed by many.

“Everybody loved Sam. There are a lot of people in mourning right now, including myself,” he said. “It’s sad to see him go so young.” According to the Facebook group “R.I.P. Sam Kennedy,” Kennedy’s funeral will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Peachtree City First United Methodist Church.