• March 27, 2015
    |
    ||

Alec Ogletree arrested for DUI - The Red and Black : Sports

Alec Ogletree arrested for DUI

Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 12:09 am | Updated: 11:05 am, Mon May 13, 2013.

Former Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree, a likely first-round draft pick, was recently arrest for a driving under the influence in Arizona, according to Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.

"Last weekend, my client Alec Ogletree was pulled over for speeding and a lane violation in Arizona,” Ogletree's agent Pat Dye Jr. said to Pro Football Talk.  “After the officers smelled alcohol, they conducted tests and also cited him for DUI.  Although Alec regrets this incident terribly, he is thankful that there was no accident and that no one was hurt.  Because this matter is still pending, we cannot comment further publicly at this time."

This incident adds to a history of off-the-field concerns for Ogletree, namely his four-game suspension he served for a suspected failed drug test.

Ogletree, who declared for the NFL after his junior season, is scheduled to participate in the NFL Scouting Combine that takes place from Feb. 23-26. Linebackers are set to workout on Mon, Feb. 25.