• March 29, 2015
    |
    ||

Bulldog basketball players embrace the attention of photo day - The Red and Black : Sports

Bulldog basketball players embrace the attention of photo day

Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:02 am | Updated: 3:05 pm, Tue Oct 16, 2012.

The Georgia men’s basketball team held its annual picture day at Stegeman Coliseum Tuesday afternoon.

All the players and Georgia head coach Mark Fox took a team photo before the player’s broke off into individual pictures in front a green screen.

“They love putting their uniform on,” Fox said. “That’s something I know they enjoy. This is a fun day for them. They were a little giddy in the locker room.”

Players dribbled the ball in front of the green screen, did behind the back passes, and hold the ball the triple threat position for the photographers.

Guards Vincent Williams and Kenny Gaines embraced the photographers more than anyone else with Williams jumping up while doing behind the back passes and Gaines flexing and pointing at the camera.

“Just trying to do a little something for the people out there,” Gaines said.

Fox said he wasn’t surprised that Williams and Gaines were being the goofiest out of the group.

“We got a few hams out here. I think Vincent is probably the leader of that pack, but this team has some personalities, which make a fun group,” he said. “Gaines would be a close second to Vinny [Vincent Williams], but not as a freshman I wouldn’t let him pass him, but he is trying.”

For the four newest recruits this was their first picture day.

Gaines said Tuesday was a dream come true, and looks forward to picking up a poster with his face on it.

“It is kind of what you look forward to in high school. It’s a good thing,” he said. ““It’s going to be a little wild [to see the poster]. You know it’s kind of weird. You’re used to seeing all of them being with some of the older guys like Trey [Thompkins], Gerald [Robinson], and Dustin [Ware], and to finally see me on there is going to be a shock to me and my family.”