• June 3, 2015
    |
    ||

Bulldogs react to Crowell arrest over Twitter - The Red and Black : Sports

Bulldogs react to Crowell arrest over Twitter

Related YouTube Video

Posted: Friday, June 29, 2012 12:01 pm | Updated: 9:23 am, Sun Sep 23, 2012.

When news broke of Isaiah Crowell's arrest for weapon charges early Friday morning, members of the University community took to Twitter to share their reactions to the running back's felony charges.

Some of Crowell's teammates were critical of the circumstances surrounding his arrest.

Parker Welch, sophomore quarterback, tweeted "Well ... that was smart ... " from his handle @jpwelch2.

Damian Swann, sophomore cornerback tweeted from @D_Swann: "Crowell for Heisman"

Not all of Crowell's teammates were critical. Others used Twitter to share their support for the running back and his uncertain future on the team.

Keith Marshall, freshman running back, tweeted from @Truthh4, "Pray for Isaiah & that he will learn from his mistake."

Christian LeMay, freshman quarterback, tweeted from @C_LeMay16: "Mistakes will be made in our lives, the tru testament of a persons character is how they go about the rebound from their mistake!!"

Chris Burnette, junior offensive guard, tweeted a message of caution for the team as a whole. @Chrisburnette68: "TO ALL UGA FOOTBALL PLAYERS: Let's let this die down and keep our comments to ourselves. The doors are locked."  

Corey Moore, sophomore strong  safety for the Bulldogs, shared words of advice from his father. @MAPTIME_39: "My dad always told me you already have two strikes against you. Your male and your black so be careful of what you do."

Former Bulldogs in turn shared their reactions, with Rennie Curran, former linebacker for the Bulldogs, tweeting "I don't understand people that work their ass off to get in a great position, then throw it away by making bad decisions that are obvious smh."

Derrick Henry, a highly-touted running back prospect who was committed to Georgia until he decommitted , also showed support for Crowell, at @KingHenry_2: “Pray for Crowell instead [of] bashing him . . . because everyone wasn’t raised the same. . . . So everyone should just pray he sees a better way”

Fake Twitter accounts for University officials and teammates drew satirical and caustic reactions:

No one @ UGA

@Shitno1atUGAsay: "Crow didn't do it"

Fake Isaiah

@FakeIsaiahCrow1: "F.M.L."

Not Greg McGarity

@ADGregMcGarity: "Last thing I'm going to say about IC. Support him and pray for him. It's bigger than football. Support our team and school and move forward."

Not Mike BIG DAWG Woods

@MWoods_BigDawg: "Isaiah Crowell arrested on felony weapon charges. Why does this not surprise me? #NotADamnGoodDawg"

Fake Murray

@FakeMurray11: "Honestly, Isaiah made it a lot longer than I expected. #comegetit #aaronsparty"

Not a Mark Richt

@CroachMarkRicht: "No truth to the rumor that Crowell was planning on using the firearm on OC Mike Bobo."

1 comment:

• Otismyman posted at 1:12 am on Sat, Sep 8, 2012.

Otismyman Posts: 1

True, we all were not "raised the same" and you dont have "2 strikes against you if you are a black male"!!! Lets get over all the exscuses and take some personal responsibility for our actions. People mess up and then we need to deal with it. If we keep hiding behind exscuses we will reamain weak. Step Up and own your life, actions, and accolades! We are all our own person and need to start acting like it. Isaih needs some help, direction and self discipline--not sympathy. Life is tough!!!MAN UP!!!