Former University of Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray has not seen much preseason playing time for the Kansas City Chiefs, but he did have one impressive contribution to the highlight reel in a 28- 16 loss to the Carolina Panthers.

In the second series of the second half, Murray’s first NFL completion came on a 43-yard touchdown pass up the seam to tight end Travis Kelce.

However, his next series didn’t go as well, with Murray throwing a pass behind tight end Demetrius Harris that was picked off by linebacker A.J. Klein and returned to the Kansas City 8-yard-line. This mistake ultimately set up a 1-yard-touchdown run by Panther running back Fozzy Whittaker.

But Murray has additional reasons for concern other than passing accuracy.

Murray will have a huge task in battling his way up from fourth on the depth chart, as he sits behind starter Alex Smith and backups Chase Daniel and Tyler Bray.

On August 26, NFL teams must cut their roster to a maximum of 75 players.

Murray did not play Saturday in the Chiefs’ 30-12 loss to the Minnesota Vikings. If he can hold on through the first roster cut to the last preseason game against the Green Bay Packers on Thursday, Murray will have another chance to earn a spot on the final 53-man roster.

Gordon Beckham traded to Angels

After a disappointing sixth season with the Chicago White Sox, former UGA second baseman Gordon Beckham was traded to the Los Angeles Angels Thursday.

Beckham has struggled offensively for much of the 2014 season, hitting .221 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 36 RBI in 101 games with the Sox this season.

Beckham was traded in exchange for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Although under contract for $4.18 million this season, Beckham will be eligible for free agency after the 2015 season.

The Angels already have Howie Kendrick playing second base, but Beckham has also played third base and shortstop in his career, and has the potential to be a utility player for the Angels.

To replace Beckham, the White Sox recalled Carlos Sanchez from the Triple-A Charlotte Knights. Sanchez has had a solid minor league 2014 season, bouncing from second base to shortstop and third base and hitting .293 with 19 doubles, 57 RBI and 16 stolen bases.

Reshad Jones suspended four games

After violating the NFL’s policy against performance-enhancing drugs on Aug. 8, former UGA safety Reshad Jones has been suspended for four games with the Miami Dolphins.

Entering into his fifth season with the Dolphins, Jones will not be eligible to play until after the Dolphins travel to the Oakland Raiders in week four.

Jones attributed the positive test results to taking a supplement that he did not know would interfere with his PED testing, according to a statement released by the NFL Players Association.

With Jones’ suspension, the Dolphins lose a safety who was second on the team in 2013 with 107 tackles, one interception, and 1.5 sacks. Likely to replace Jones is Jimmy Wilson, who is entering into his fourth year in the NFL and logged 39 tackles and two interceptions last season.

This news does not come at a good time for the Dolphins, who have also lost starting defensive end Dion Jordan to the same PED charge.