The Southeastern Conference league office announced the All-SEC teams for gymnastics Tuesday, and a quintet of Gym Dogs found their names on the lists.

Senior Cassidy McComb and junior Kat Ding were two of six gymnasts named All-SEC First Team.

McComb, who won the all-around at the SEC Championships, was not named SEC Gymnast of the Year. That honor instead went to Alabama’s Kayla Hoffman.

Ding earned All-SEC First-Team honors after repeating as the SEC champion on the uneven bars. Florida and Alabama, the two teams who finished ahead of Georgia at the SEC Championships, both had two gymnasts on the first team as well.

Senior Hilary Mauro, Gina Nuccio and Noel Couch were all named to the All-SEC Second-Team for the Gym Dogs.

Mauro, Nuccio and Couch each finished second on the balance beam, bars and vault, respectively, at the SEC Championships.

Tennis freshman named freshman of the week

The SEC league office also announced Wednesday that Kate Fuller of the women’s tennis team had been named SEC women’s tennis freshman of the week.

Fuller went 4-0 last week in doubles and singles play to help Georgia to win over Butler and No. 24 Yale.

“Kate has worked extremely hard and improved her game during her first season of college tennis,” women’s tennis head coach Jeff Wallace said in a release. “She is contributing in various spots in the singles lineup and we’re very pleased with the way she and Chelsey [Gullickson] have played doubles. They have a number of big wins already this year and are ranked in the top 10.”

The doubles duo is 10-1 on the season and ranked No. 9 nationally after seven consecutive doubles victories.

Freshman earn honors

Two Georgia track and field freshman found their names atop SEC weekly awards.

Freshman Justin Welch was named the men’s field athlete of the week, and freshman Stella Christoforou was named the women’s freshman of the week.

Welch earned his honor after winning the hammer throw and discus events during the Georgia Intercollegiate Invitational in Atlanta last weekend. Christoforou, a freshman from Cyprus, Greece, also won an event at the Georgia Intercollegiate, taking home the 1500-meter run in her first collegiate outdoor event.