For the Georgia football team, it's all about Clemson from Wednesday on.

Wednesday’s practice represented the first time that both of the first team units took the same sideline to practice against the scout team, which represented the Tigers.

The Bulldogs started from the beginning.

“The main thing that we were trying to get accomplished today was to rehearse our pre-game warm up,” Georgia head coach Mark Richt said. “Sounds kind of boring but we want to look like we know what we’re doing a week from Saturday.”

It wasn’t all stretching, though. Richt also had his team play one half of football against the scout team, mostly to work on transitions between units and getting into the infancy stages of preparing for full-game speed.

“We wanted to play a half of football to where we could learn to transition from a kicking snap to an offensive snap, to another kicking snap to a defensive snap, to another kicking snap,” Richt said. “For the most part, we transitioned pretty good. The only problem is, for example, the great majority of our special teams were in red but there were just a couple guys on the other team that had to come over.”

Richt acknowledged that the tempo of the practice was not on par with a regular game. This will be one of the key points as Georgia continues to prepare for Clemson in the handful of practices left, especially for the sake of the incoming freshman that have only experience G-Day.

That being said, it’s not like a faster pace or tougher competition is completely foreign to either unit.

“It’s going to be very difficult to get the proper assimilation, it’s really true of any game,” Richt said. When you ask a scout team to be the other team, it’s just very, very hard to do it … That’s why we continue throughout the year to go best-on-best or at least ones-versus-twos, twos-versus-ones because if all you do is scout team work, you do lose the feel of how fast a game moves.”

Richt updates Malcolm Mitchell’s status

For the most part, Richt has been very tight-lipped about his team’s injuries during fall camp. However, he gave his first bit of news on the status of receiver Malcolm Mitchell, who suffered another knee setback before the start of fall camp.

“He did a little bit of running, in the water, anyway,” Richt said. “I don’t know if he’s out on the ground yet.”

While it isn’t much, it seems increasingly less likely that Mitchell will be available against Clemson on Aug. 30.