• November 26, 2015

Keith Marshall almost chose Clemson - The Red and Black : Football

Keith Marshall almost chose Clemson

Related Stories

Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:45 am | Updated: 4:33 pm, Fri Aug 30, 2013.

The night before Georgia running back Keith Marshall made his college commitment, he wasn't thinking about how he would look in red and black.
In fact, he was picturing himself in the uniform of Georgia’s 2013 opening opponent.
“To be honest with you, the night before [my commitment], I was going to Clemson,” Marshall said.
Marshall had already told his family and two recruits of his decision — now-Florida State player Ronald Darby and fellow running back Todd Gurley.
The popular consensus was that Marshall was headed for Clemson. After telling his two close friends, the decision was all but made.
And then he woke up.
“When I woke up in the morning I knew I couldn’t go to Clemson,” Marshall said. "It didn’t feel right in my heart. I said it before, I didn’t feel right. It’s a great place, great coaches, great people but I knew Georgia was the place I loved, so I had to come here.”
Marshall had great visits to both Georgia and Clemson, and has respect for Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney, who wished Marshall "good luck" after making his decision.
Yet, the Raleigh, N.C. native no longer has ties to Clemson, and his eyes are set on taking on Swinney and the Tigers in Clemson Aug. 31.
“Recruiting, that’s been done for two years so that has no effect on how I feel about this game,” Marshall said. “It’s a big game, we going to be playing hard it, they preparing hard, two good teams, so we gotta bring our A-game.”

1 comment: