Georgia players will don the red and black to face in-state rival Georgia Tech next Saturday, knowing that a win would turn the SEC Championship game into a virtual play-in to get a spot in the national championship.

But the Bulldog fans will be sticking with black alone, after numerous fan organizations on campus have called for a "black out" against the Yellow Jackets

"On Saturday November 24th, there will be a burial at Sanford Stadium. The ceremony will be held for the death of the Georgia Tech football program," the BLACKOUT TECH! Facebook thread says. "In support, we humbly ask every Dawg fan to wear BLACK."

UGA Paintline, made up of students who paint their bodies on Georgia gamedays, said the intent was to unify "the Bulldog Nation for the last home game of the year."

"Come BLACKOUT Sanford Stadium for the last home game of the year as we send off the dawgs to the SEC Championship game and possibly on to the National Championship game," the Facebook page said. "Come to the game loud and proud and wearing BLACK on BLACK."

Dubyadee
Dubyadee

"But the Bulldog fans will be sticking with black alone, after numerous fan organizations on campus have called for a "black out" against the Yellow Jackets."

Who are the numerous fan organizations?

1. UGA Paintline,
2. The Blackout Tech Facebook page, prepared by UGA Paintline, and
3. ?????????????

Regardless, this is a horrendous idea.