• October 8, 2015

Georgia fans unite in support of football team, despite loss - The Red and Black : Sports

Georgia fans unite in support of football team, despite loss

• Georgia football

Gamedays are long. Follows these tips to ensure you get the most out of it.

Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:23 pm | Updated: 1:36 pm, Thu Sep 19, 2013.

Georgia football fans have sometimes been criticized for being mercurial, especially after difficult losses. Even players have commented on this perception, as previously reported by The Red & Black. 

But after a devastating loss to No. 2 Alabama in the SEC Championship Game Saturday, fans united in support for their team.

As the Georgia buses rolled in after the losses, fans gathered to greet the team and cheer them on, in an atmosphere that mirrored a victory, not a loss.

While coaching decisions and individual play may be debated after the loss, what won't be questioned is the fans' support for the team.

• bobmiester52 posted at 4:17 am on Mon, Dec 3, 2012.

bobmiester52 Posts: 4

I am an Alabama die hard fan. I joined this site so I could tell the Georgia Nation how much respect I have for Mark Richt and the Georgia Football Team. That was a great football game and no doubt will go down as a classic! Both teams fought hard and never gave up. All I can say is I am glad it was a timed event. We just happened to be ahead when time ran out. My apologies to your quarterback who was hit with a cheap shot and I hope Saban rips him a new one for it. Thats not what we are about. Go ahead on to the Capital One Bowl and make the SEC proud like I know you will. Godd bless.

• Damon posted at 6:05 pm on Sun, Dec 2, 2012.

Damon Posts: 3

I am so d@mn proud of the Georgia fans who showed up to cheer our men as they came home. If I hadn't been at the dome to watch them play I would have been in Athens to welcome them home. Those young men did not come away from the gridiron with a win on the scoreboard, but as far as I am concerned each and every one of them are winners. They left it all out on the gridiron and that is all you can ever ask of your team. Simply put, in all my years of watching football, the 2012 SEC championship game is one of the best I have ever seen. Two great teams fought it out until the very last second and both proved themselves worthy to represent the SEC in the national championship game. While I wish that team was Georgia, since it is Alabama I have this one thing to say .... Roll d@mn Tide!