In a game where 58 total field goals were made and the lead changed 17 times, the biggest play of the game came more than 40 feet away from the basket.

The Bulldogs (12-13, 6-6 SEC) fell to Ole Miss in overtime 84-74 Saturday night at Tad Smith Coliseum, and dropped their second straight after winning five games in a row.

“That’s a tough loss,” head coach Mark Fox told Georgia Sports Communications. “I am really proud of our team, proud of how they competed, how hard they played and how they laid it all out there. It’s a game that we should have won in regulation."

The Bulldogs held on to an 8-point lead with 3:51 left in regulation, but the top-scorer in the SEC had something to say about that.

Guard Marshall Henderson – who saw limited action because of early foul trouble–scored 14 points in those final minutes sparked by a flagrant foul called on Bulldogs' guard Kenny Gaines near mid-court, and a shooting foul behind the arc on the next possession.

Gaines fouled out, ending his career night of 13 points early, and took any momentum his team had with him to his seat on the bench.

Henderson finished with 25 points, and made all 14 of his free throw attempts despite seeing limited minutes.

Georgia struggled to play clean defense as Ole Miss (19-6, 8-4) shot 30-of-36 (83.3 percent) from the charity stripe. 

"We just couldn’t keep them off the foul line and that’s so hard to overcome, but I was really pleased with a lot of things," Fox said. "We had a lot of guys play well and I thought our team played well we just didn’t finish the job.”

The team from Athens had the final possession and chance to win in regulation after Henderson missed a layup that would have broken the deadlock at 70-70.

Point guard Charles Mann botched the exchange with guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, but managed to keep the ball on Georgia's end with six-tenths of a second on the clock. Fox drew up an alley-oop play for forward Donte' Williams, but he was unable to finish it at the buzzer.

The Rebels outscored the Bulldogs 14-4 in overtime, and delivered them their third overtime loss of the year.

“I thought we played really, really hard," Fox said. "I thought we competed hard, I thought we were unselfish and I thought that we defended pretty well throughout the whole game."

Georgia went 28-of-58 (48.3 percent) from the field, but turned the ball over 18 times.

Caldwell-Pope notched his fourth double-double of the season, finishing with 19 points, 12 rebounds and two assists. He remains one of 11 players in NCAA Division 1 basketball that have hit double-digits in every game this season.

Williams ended the night with 10 points and six rebounds.

The Bulldogs will look to get back on track on Thursday, taking on Arkansas in Fayeteville at 7 p.m.