Georgia’s first official depth chart, which was released Monday, came with several surprises.

Most of the surprises, however, came on the defensive side of the ball.

The position that comes as the most surprising, however, is the mike inside linebacker position. While senior Ramik Wilson was voted as an All-SEC linebacker by the Southeastern Conference coaches, he is listed as a backup to sophomore Tim Kimbrough. Wilson missed several practices this fall after suffering an undisclosed injury that was reported to be a concussion. Coaches have hinted that Wilson was not guaranteed a starting spot and said that he was “behind” after missing practices.

The defense is listed with 12 starters to compensate for the multiple looks that defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt employs in his defense.

At defensive tackle, junior James DeLoach is listed ahead of senior Ray Drew, who started for the Bulldogs last season.

The secondary features Devin Bowman on the opposite side of cornerback to Damian Swann, despite a hamstring injury that has kept Bowman out of much of the fall preseason practice. Quincy Mauger, who started seven games for Georgia last season, is listed as the backup strong safety behind senior Corey Moore, while redshirt freshman Aaron Davis is listed as the other starting safety. One of the spring’s biggest standouts, converted running back J.J. Green, has also been topped on the depth chart. Instead, true freshman Dominick Sanders is listed as the starting star, the third cornerback in Pruitt’s defense.

While the offense had fewer positions up in the air, coaches managed to keep the battle for backup quarterback clouded by listing redshirt freshman Brice Ramsey or redshirt sophomore Faton Bauta.

Georgia also chose to go with a base three-receiver set instead of two receivers and a fullback in wake of the career-ending concussion to former fullback Merritt Hall. Instead, H-back Quayvon Hicks, officially listed as the backup tight end, will most likely play that role in certain packages.

The depth chart is not locked in place and can change prior to Saturday’s 5:30 p.m. kickoff.