• April 19, 2015
    |
    ||

2012 recruit passes world geography, faces eligibility concerns - The Red and Black : Sports

2012 recruit passes world geography, faces eligibility concerns

Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:03 am | Updated: 1:49 pm, Wed Jul 4, 2012.

Good things come to those who wait, and Leonard Floyd finally got some good news this summer.

After being unable to enroll in Georgia during the summer with the rest of his recruiting class, the 6-foot-4, 220-pound defensive end will be able to attend Georgia in the fall.

Needing to pass world geography, Floyd has been hard at work making sure he can join his fellow recruits.

“I passed the class. I'm good to go,” Floyd told ESPN.

Floyd scored a 91 in the class to qualify for enrollment.

He expects to play a hybrid defensive end/outside linebacker for defensive coordinator Todd Grantham in the 3-4 defense.

After passing, and now able to focus on football, Floyd is “very excited” to join the rest of the team and start playing football again.

“I'm very excited to up there and do what I've got to do,” said Floyd.

Only one obstacle remains before Floyd can call Georgia home, though.

Now all that is left is to figure out where he will live and who he will room with.

UPDATED: The NCAA has redflagged some of the classes that Leonard took in high school.

He is waiting for his school to clear up the issue with the NCAA Clearinghouse.

He does not know what will happen if the NCAA does not clear him.

“Right now it is a question mark for Thursday,” Floyd said.