It's a good thing the Georgia football team wasn't hurting for lack of running backs.

Because the decommitment of 2013 four-star running back and athlete Derrick Henry has to sting.

"For me personally, this is one of the biggest decisions I’ll make in my life and probably the most important to this point. I want to be 100 percent sure I am making the best choice on where I go to college and to play football," Henry said in a written statement this past week. "I was probably a little too quick in making my initial decision and got caught up in the moment so I apologize for that."

Henry is ranked as the top-athlete in the nation by Rival.com and the No. 5 running back recruit in his draft class by Scout.com.

While Georgia has significant depth at the position, after signing 2012 four-star recruits Keith Marshall and Todd Gurley to pair with sophomore Isaiah Crowell, Henry's commitment was still considered a huge boon to the Bulldogs' burgeoning 2013 class.

Henry said in his written release that he hadn't ruled Georgia out as an option, but that he needed to do due diligence when deciding where to continue his academic and athletic pursuits.

"I’m still considering Georgia and I have nothing but great things to say about their program, but I want to be honest with everyone in the fact that I am going to go over all my options and do what is best for me and my athletic and academic career," Henry said.

The loss of Henry drops the Georgia 2013 recruiting class down to 19 commitments.