The No. 1 Georgia equestrian team travelled to Manhattan, Kansas where it lost 3-2 to the No. 7 Kansas State Wildcats.

Georgia got out to a slow start against the home team, dropping the first point and allowing the Wildcats to get the 1-0 lead in Equitation Over Fences. Georgia answered with an 86-84 win by Liza Finsness to tie the score at 1-1. Kansas State answered right back before Kylee Arbuckle tied the score again at 2-2 with her 86-81 decision. Madison Wayda score the tie breaking point to give the Wildcats the 3-2 win in the event.

The next event was Equitation on the Flat. The Wildcats proved to be formidable in the event, taking it with a score of 4-1. The lone Bulldog point came from senior Olivia Dorey, who triumphed over Henley Atkins with a score of 85-80. The overall scored going into the half was 7-3 in favor of the Wildcats. Georgia would make up for the first two events with its Horsemanship rides.

The Bulldogs struck first when Rachel Kolb notched a 73-72.5 victory over Kelly Bovaird. Kansas State rebounded with a win of its own, but Georgia's Heather Schmidt took the next point with her 72.6-66.5 win to give the Bulldogs the 2-1 edge in the event. Kansas State was able to tie the score, but Paige Stawicki's 76-74.5 ride sealed the deal for the Bulldogs and allowed the team to take the event with a 3-2 score. Georgia still trailed 9-6 going into the lady event of the day, Reining.

The Wildcats came out strong, taking the first two points. The Bulldogs answered with a point of its own thanks to McKenzie Lantz's 71.5-69 defeat of Bovaird, but that would not be enough to hold off the Wildcats. The home squad took the last two points to win the event 4-1 and the meet 13-7.

Although the Bulldogs suffered its second loss if the season, the team still put up MOP rides. Lantz, Arbuckle and Stawicki earned winning MOP honors.

The No. 4 ranked Bulldogs are now 3-2 on the season and will face No. 8 ranked TCU Nov. 23. The meet will start at noon and will be the team's final meet until it returns to action next semester.