• August 2, 2015
    |
    ||

UGA golf helps put SEC over ACC in conference clash - The Red and Black : Sports

UGA golf helps put SEC over ACC in conference clash

Related Stories

Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 8:45 pm | Updated: 12:24 pm, Thu Sep 26, 2013.

The No. 8 Georgia men's golf team had one heck of a weekend in Nashville, even by its own high standards.

After clinching a victory in the Dick’s Sporting Goods Collegiate Cup Challenge, securing head golf coach Chris Haack his 50th victory as coach, Georgia played its part in helping the SEC defeat the ACC in the conference clash 

The SEC beat the ACC 17-8 taking “top conference honors.”

The Bulldogs were the only SEC team to finish undefeated on Sunday. Georgia golfers matched head-to-head with Clemson golf and each of the Georgia golfers prevailed.

Georgia junior Mookie DeMoss had no problems with his opponent as he won 9-and-7 over Clemson golfer Carson Young, sophomore Lee McCoy had a 3-and-2 victory above Miller Capps, junior Nicholas Reach won over Austin Langdale 2-and-1, senior Michael Cromie won two over Stephen Behr and senior Joey Garber won with a one up over Cody Proveaux.

Tennessee defeated Wake Forest by a score of 3-2, Mississippi State won by a score of 3-2 over Boston College, Vanderbilt won over Duke in the battle of top academic schools and Virginia defeated Texas A&M 3-2.

Georgia next tournament is Oct. 4-6 at the Brickyard Collegiate Championship in Macon, Ga.