This game seemed over about as soon as the ball was kicked off. Fifth-ranked Georgia only allowed three points in the first half to Vanderbilt, which stood as the only points the Commodores were able to muster all night.

The Bulldogs, meanwhile, put together a complete performance on both offense and defense. Quarterback Aaron Murray kept up his stellar play in the passing game while the true freshmen North Carolina pair of Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall ran wild once again. Combined with four quarters of a near-shutout showing from the defense, and the Bulldogs were never threatened in a 48-3 laugher.

PLAYER OF THE GAME

Aaron Murray

In what seems like a weekly occurrence, every week comes down to either Murray or linebacker Jarvis Jones as the player of the game. This week, we'll lean toward the quarterback. As you probably have heard by now (and if not, shame on you), Murray completed his first 12 attempts of Saturday's game, the third-best passing stretch to start a game in Georgia history. He ended up 18-for-24 overall with a pair of touchdown passes, which helped move him move into sole possession of second place on Georgia's all-time passing touchdown list with 69. He broke a tie with Eric Zeier for second at 67, and only trails David Greene's school-record of 72 by three touchdown passes. Who knows? With the way he's playing, Murray may well be the record holder in that category by this time next week. And if that happens, don't be surprised if he's named player of the game — again.

OVERLOOKED PLAYER OF THE GAME

Marlon Brown

Murray may once again have garnered most of the accolades on offense, but he had to complete the passes to somebody, right? And his favorite target Saturday was a familiar foil for the Commodores — Brown. The senior from Memphis once again torched his home state school. Last year, he had four receptions for 121 yards and two touchdowns against Vanderbilt. Saturday, he nearly matched that performance, snagging five receptions for 114 yards and one touchdown.

KEY MOMENT

Last year’s postgame confrontation between Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and Vanderbilt head coach James Franklin

Grantham tried to downplay its significance all week, but his actions in the game showed it wasn't far from his mind. With Vanderbilt’s best chance to score a touchdown coming a few minutes into the fourth quarter and Georgia leading 48-3, most of the Bulldogs’ starting defense was still in the game. Coincidence? Please. Luckily for Georgia (and Grantham), the defense forced Vanderbilt quarterback Jordan Rodgers to fumble out of bounds as he was driving toward the goal line, resulting in a touchback. The Commodores never came close to the Bulldogs’ end zone again.

QUOTE OF THE GAME

Georgia head coach Mark Richt, on his thoughts about Grantham and Franklin shaking hands following the game:

“We reminded them to show class and congratulate everybody. You know, let’s get on home. While we’re talking about Todd, averaging over eight yards a carry, Keith Marshall averaging over eight yards a carry, that was probably the most impressive stat to me in the game. (Richt, feigning surprise, informed he was being asked about Grantham, not Gurley). Oh, I thought you said Todd Gurley. You meant Todd Grantham? I didn’t pay attention to that. That’s good. They should shake hands.”

Final Stats:

Georgia

· Total Offense: 567

· Rushing Yards: 302

· Passing Yards: 265

· First Downs: 27

· Third-Down Conversions: 6 of 12

· Penalties: 7 for 47 yards

· Turnovers: 0

· Time of Possession: 32:07

Vanderbilt

· Total Offense: 337

· Rushing Yards: 106

· Passing Yards: 231

· First Downs: 15

· Third-Down Conversions: 2 of 14

· Penalties: 11 for 68 yards

· Turnovers: 1

· Time of Possession: 27:53