• August 28, 2015
    |
    ||

Natalie McClure announced as general manager of The Red & Black - The Red and Black : Athens

Natalie McClure announced as general manager of The Red & Black

Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 2:39 pm | Updated: 1:06 pm, Thu Sep 5, 2013.

Natalie McClure was announced Monday morning as the general manager of The Red & Black, following the paper's summer board meeting this weekend.

McClure took the new role of acting general manager in early summer, following the resignation of 30-year publisher Harry Montevideo.

McClure joined the paper in 2008 as the advertising director.

McClure is a public relations graduate of the University of Georgia’s Henry W. Grady College. Before joining The Red and Black, she worked for four years as a regional sales manager for University Directories as well as the sales and marketing director of UD On Campus.

The board also decided that the student representatives to the board — the student editor-in-chief and the student ad manager — have been granted voting rights under new bylaws, which will be adopted in November.