• April 25, 2015
    |
    ||

'Gossip Girl' finale leaves some without drama - The Red and Black : Variety

'Gossip Girl' finale leaves some without drama

Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:00 pm | Updated: 6:47 pm, Sun Feb 3, 2013.

Today marks the one-month anniversary of the last episode of "Gossip Girl."

With more twists and turns than Six Flags, "Gossip Girl" is easily one of the most addictive TV shows of the decade. Sadly, after six glorious seasons of betrayal, paternity tests, extramarital affairs and faked deaths, this glamorous version of "Maury" has come to an end.

At the beginning of a new semester, I'm always looking for the newest thing to keep my mind and social life stimulated.

I know it will not be the electives I have that keep us awake at night, but instead something else — something more powerful than any publication or textbook.

That's right — seasons one through five of "Gossip Girl" on Netflix.

What will we do without the handsome, yet dangerous Chuck Bass?

Or Serena, the blonde "it" girl who wouldn't be caught dead in anything less than a 5-inch heel and someone else's boyfriend?

Or my personal favorite, Blair: the pretentious socialite who swears she is above everyone but can be found rolling around in the dirt from time to time.

I may have to start my own gossip column to deal with the loss of this procrastination tool.

Without "Gossip Girl" I find myself plotting against the people around me while looking for the latest fashion to drape myself in as I take them down. Scheming has now become a part of my everyday routine. Although, the melodramas of my life could never match up to what this show has put forth.

How does it all end, you ask.

That's one secret I'll never tell.

Another reason — I am still slightly confused.

But, I'm yearning for more, which is why I urge you to stop what you are doing so that you may bask in the glory that is the Upper-East Side.

You won't regret it.

-XOXO