• September 1, 2015
    |
    ||

Victoria's Secret flashes freebies for Athens during PINK Tailgate - The Red and Black : Variety

Victoria's Secret flashes freebies for Athens during PINK Tailgate

Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:30 am | Updated: 11:37 am, Thu Oct 4, 2012.

Victoria's Secret will show off its football spirit today with a University-themed tailgate at The Classic Center.

Beginning Aug. 27, Victoria's Secret PINK launched a national social media campaign for two weeks. Students across the country voted via twitter to win a tailgate for their university by sending tweets to @VSPink or with the hashtag #TailgateWithPink and the school name.

After the first rounds, twenty college rivals were matched against one another to tweet it out. The University competed against the University of Florida and was one of 10 universities to win a Victoria's Secret tailgate party.

The VS PINK Truck will be loaded with free sunglasses, koozies, water bottles, T-shirts and tons of prizes. There will also be games and raffles for a chance to win yoga pants and exclusive items.

“For the first week we were behind and Florida started catching up, said Cylla Senii, a campus rep for Victoria's Secret’s majoring in Advertising. “Then the night before, Florida got ahead and UGA was in Twitter jail because we were tweeting so much,” she said.

Similar to past games, the University led the competition towards the end of the game.

“At first it was slow and then girls started going crazy," Senii said. ”Two hours before the competition ended UGA took the lead with 50,000 tweets, which surpassed Florida by 2,000 tweets."

Some students are preparing to reap the rewards of the University's victory.

“I’m so excited about the PINK tailgate,” said Caroline Wagerman, a senior human development and family sciences major from Atlanta. “I can’t wait to be the most stylish girl in yoga with the [Victoria's Secret] yoga pants.”

To kick off the tailgate, signature PINK mini stuffed animal dogs were hidden on campus Wednesday for girls to find and redeem for a Victoria's Secret PINK Georgia shirt.

Senii said even if students don't find the stuffed dogs, they should come out for other prizes and free gifts.

“Over 1,200 confirmed that they are coming and will probably go up from there,” said Senii.

What: Victoria's Secret PINK Tailgate

Where: The Classic Center

When: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Price: Free