190121_kml_MLK_Parade_0027.jpg

Kids jump and wait in line for the inflatable slide during the MLK Day festival in downtown Athens on Jan. 21. This was the third consecutive year that a parade was held downtown to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. (Photo/Kaley Lefevre, kaley.lefevre@gmail.com)

The campus and city news desks have compiled a list of events going on throughout the upcoming week that are open to Athenians and University of Georgia students.

The list features a Martin Luther King Jr. Parade and Music Festival, a free fruitcake toss at J&J Flea Market and an indoor ice skating event hosted by UGA University Union. Follow the links for more information for any event.

Monday, January 20

Martin Luther King Jr. Parade and Music Fest

What: United Group of Artists Music Association presents the 4th Annual Athens MLK Day Parade and Music Fest. The parade begins at 3 p.m. followed by a block party and club crawl at 4 p.m. Proceeds will benefit Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement “End School To Prison Pipeline” program. The hip hop music festival starts at 5 p.m.

Time: 3-7 p.m.

Where: The World Famous at 351 N. Hull St.

Tuesday, January 21

Teen Crafternoon at Bogart Library

What: The Bogart Library will be hosting an afternoon of winter wonderland craft centers. The event is open and free to middle school and high school students. They will be building snowglobes, snowflake garlands and more.

Time: 6:30-8 p.m.

Where: Bogart Library at 200 S. Burson Ave., Bogart, GA 30622

Wednesday, January 22

Tommy Tomlinson Book Discussion

What: Author Tommy Tomlinson will present and discuss his book, The Elephant in the Room. The event is free to attend and open to the public. Purchasing a copy of each book is encouraged.

Time: 6:30-7:30 p.m.

Where: Avid Bookstore at 493 Prince Ave.

Thursday, January 23

Winter Wonder Dawgs After Dark

What: University Union is hosting an indoor ice skating event, free to UGA students. General admission for the event is $5 and will include hot chocolate, free shirts and more.

Time: 8-12 a.m.

Where: Tate Student Center at 45 Baxter St.

Friday, January 24

Startup 101 Series

What: UGA Innovation District is hosting Dan Runge from the UGA Office of Research and the Startup Program Team to discuss its programs, conflict of interests and more. The event is free and lunch will be provided for those who register in advance.

Time: 11-1 p.m.

Where: Jackson Street Building at 285 S. Jackson St.

Saturday, January 25

Fruitcake toss at J&J Flea Market

What: J&J Flea Market is hosting its first free annual fruitcake toss and ugly sweater competition to ring in the new year. Participants will need to bring their own fruitcake and it must be larger than a softball and wrapped in cellophane to be qualified for the competition. The competition will be judged on the longest toss and the most creative toss.

Time: 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.

Where: J&J Flea Market at 11661 Commerce Rd.

ROB334

Prescription painkillers are powerful drugs that interfere with nervous system’s transmission of the nerve signals we perceive as pain. Most painkillers also stimulate portion of the brain associated with pleasure.

http://medsolutionstore.com

http://medsolutionstore.com/shop/

http://medsolutionstore.com/product/roxicodone/