Police Tape Crime Tape

ACCPD’s investigation was aided by the community which “came forward with details about the incident,” according to the release. 

A young female is believed to be the victim of an abduction that took place in front of the Georgia Square Mall around 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 31, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department press release. 

ACCPD Public Information Officer Epifanio Rodriguez said as of Aug. 1, all parties involved with the incident have been contacted and are safe. 

"After speaking to both parties involved no criminal allegations were made by either party," Rodriguez said.

According to the release, a witness heard the victim repeatedly yell “He’s taking me" as a black male "dragged her by her hoodie" near the front entrance of the mall.

The witness told police the victim was thrown into the back seat of a burgundy four-door Cadillac, the press release said.

The suspect got in the back seat of the car with the victim before the car was seen driving toward the Huntington Road exit of the mall.

The suspect is believed to be a black male, approximately 6 feet tall and 190 pounds.

The victim is a black female, approximately 5 feet and 5 inches tall and between 120-130 pounds. She was wearing a light-colored hoodie and dark jeans, according to the press release.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Detective David Norris at 706-613-3330, ext. 556.