cfa food truck

At the end of February, Chick-fil-A premiered the newest addition to the Beechwood and Barnett Shoals locations: a food truck. Photo Courtesy: Haley Simmons, Athens Chick-fil-A Marketing Team.

First food trucks, now this: As of Aug. 27, Chick-fil-A is now providing Mealtime kits to make at home, similar to services such as Blue Apron and Hello Fresh.

CFA was founded in Atlanta, so naturally the chicken powerhouse of the South is testing out its new program in Georgia, including Athens at the Barnett Shoals Road, Atlanta Highway, Alps Road and Epps Bridge Parkway locations.

“This is so unique for our company, it almost feels like starting another business, so we want to start where we started our business, here in Atlanta,” said Michael Patrick, Chick-fil-A principal program lead on the Mealtime Kits program, to 11Alive.

Customers can purchase the meal kit either in store, through the drive thru or through the CFA app with no subscription fee or advanced planning. Each kit costs $15.89, feeds two people and takes 30 minutes to prepare. Each ingredient is pre-proportioned.

Available meals from now until Nov. 17 include chicken parmesan, chicken enchiladas, chicken flatbread, crispy dijon chicken and pan-roasted chicken. Meals will be rotated from month to month, with the chicken parmesan and chicken enchilada recipes available the first month of the program.