COVID-19 City Hall

Gov. Brian Kemp issued an executive order allowing certain Georgia businesses to reopen on April 24. 

The Firefly and Greenway trails will remain open while all other parks, buildings and trails within the Athens-Clarke County Leisure Services Department are closed, according to a March 31 ACC news release.

ACC reminds people to practice social distancing on these two trails, according to the release.

The ACC Mayor and Commission enacted a stay-at-home order on March 19 in light of COVID-19, hoping to slow the spread of the disease and promote the health of Athens residents.

In a further attempt to encourage members of the Athens community to stay home, all events sponsored by Leisure Services, including programs and classes, will be cancelled through April 24, according to the news release. Events held at Leisure Services facilities, such as the video game night at Lay Park and tiny tales at the zoo at Memorial Park, have been canceled.

Closures also include community centers. Those who had a rental at a Leisure Services building will not be able to have their event during this period and will be refunded, according to the ACC website.

All public outdoor basketball, tennis and pickleball courts are locked during this time, according to the news release.