190201_CMB_PoliceCar_005.jpg

An Athens Clarke County police car sits parked outside the police department on College Avenue in downtown Athens, Georgia on Friday, February 1, 2019. (Photo/Caroline Barnes, http://carolinembarnes.wixsite.com/photography)

Armed man forced entry to man’s home, demanded cash

An armed man forced entry into another man’s apartment on Fourth Street and demanded cash from the victim, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department press release. The suspect fled on foot.

Officers responded to the armed robbery call around 1:30 p.m. on June 5, according to the press release. ACCPD asks anyone with information about the incident call Detective Kimberly Johnson at 706-613-3888 ext. 331.

Pedestrian followed by unknown driver on Milledge Avenue 

A person driving a silver Buick LeSabre followed a woman walking on Milledge Avenue near Baxter Street for about 30 minutes, according to an ACCPD incident report.

The woman stopped walking and turned around multiple times, and the driver would pull into a driveway to watch her, according to the report. The woman yelled at the driver, who sped off past the victim and turned onto another street.

According to the report, a passing driver gave the woman a ride, and the suspect followed them in the Buick. The woman told police she had never seen the vehicle or driver before, and she spoke with law enforcement because she was scared. University of Georgia Police Department was notified of the incident.

Passing driver throws bottle at motorcycle rider

A man was riding his motorcycle north on Riverbend Road near Lakeside Drive when an unknown person in a passing car threw a bottle at him, according to an ACCPD incident report.

The driver turned into Lakeside Drive, and the victim followed because he believed the driver had stopped to check on him. According to the report, the victim saw the license plate was covered with paper and saw two people in the front seats of the car. The driver left the scene toward Milledge Avenue.