blotter.jpg

(Photo/ Lexi Kim)

Drunk man yells through traffic cone in downtown

A man was yelling “obscenities” through a traffic cone at another man at a convenience store near Centro Bar just before 2 a.m. on June 27, according to an ACCPD report.

An officer told the man to put the cone down, but he continued yelling through it. According to the report, the man was acting drunk and admitted to drinking recently. Police arrested him for public intoxication and transported him to the Clarke County Jail.

Car vandalized with obscenities, keyed

An unknown person keyed all sides of a man’s 2001 BMW 530i and wrote the word “hoe” on the car hood, according to an ACCPD report. The tires were flattened and one of the front windows was broken.

The victim told police he did not know who would have vandalized his car, but he has seen someone drive a similar looking car through his neighborhood, according to the report.

Employees get into physical fight at Taco Bell

Two Taco Bell employees had an argument which resulted in a fight on June 27, according to an Athens-Clarke County police report.

According to the report, the manager grabbed a broom or mop handle and hit the employee with it. The employees provided conflicting accounts to police. A witness confirmed the manager’s account.

The manager told police she would not press charges, and she would wait for another manager to arrive and sort out the issue.