190201_CMB_PoliceCar_002.jpg

An Athens-Clarke County police car parked outside City Hall on College Avenue in downtown Athens, Georgia on Friday, February 1, 2019. (Photo/Caroline Barnes, http://carolinembarnes.wixsite.com/photography)

Employee steals nearly $10,000 from Burger King

A man who worked at Burger King on Atlanta Highway allegedly stole $9,093 in multiple cash deposits from April 12 to April 18, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department incident report.

The suspect told the district manager he had made the deposits at a bank, but a bank employee said the deposits had not been made, according to the report. The district manager said the suspect purchased a new car near the time of the incident. The suspect left the restaurant when the manager questioned him over the phone about the deposit. The suspect has not returned to the Burger King.

Man steals bottle of whiskey from 100 Proof bar

A 19-year-old man allegedly took a bottle of whiskey from behind the bar at 100 Proof on April 19, according to an ACCPD incident report. The man allegedly began drinking from the bottle he took, prompting bar employees to flag down an officer.

Officers found a pour top and a fraudulent ID when they searched the suspect. The bottle the suspect drank from was missing its pour top, according to the report.

The man was arrested for theft, possession of a fake ID and underage consumption of alcohol, according to the report.

Woman allegedly threatens neighbors with butcher knife

A woman allegedly entered her neighbor’s residence with a butcher knife on April 23 and said her neighbors had stolen her TV, according to an ACCPD incident report.

According to the report, the suspect “started swinging the knife wildly” then left the residence. She went to a different residence, where police found her. She was not in possession of the knife, and officers could not find it.

The suspect was arrested for reckless conduct, according to the report.