180723_ajw_accpd_press_conference_0006.jpg

The Athens-Clarke Police Department Bulldog outside of the ACCPD East Precinct in Athens, Georgia on Monday, July 23, 2018. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Woman charged with battery after fight 

A woman was arrested on March 5 after she allegedly fought with another woman while they were drinking with friends at an apartment, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department incident report.

The suspect allegedly hit the victim with a metal pipe in the head. The victim and a witness alleged the suspect threatened the victim with a knife, according to the report.

Police were unable to locate the knife but found some of the victim’s hair that fell out when she was hit in the head. The suspect was transported to the Athens-Clarke County Jail after her arrest, according to the report.

Credit cards stolen from woman at work 

A woman reported two credit or debit cards were stolen from her while she was at work on Feb. 23, according to an ACCPD report.

The victim alleged her cards were stolen out of her purse at work. She said she keeps her purse under a cabinet, according to the report.

Her cards were used for two separate transactions for a total of about $170, according to the report. Nothing else was stolen from her purse.

Woman throws dishes, hits man with griddle

A woman was arrested on March 5 for family violence after she threw a griddle at a man’s head, according to an ACCPD incident report. The man and woman have lived together for three years.

The suspect threw mugs and dishes on the ground. She then threw the griddle at the victim, who sustained a laceration on his forehead. According to the report, the victim and the suspect had been arguing about food.

Police arrested the woman and transported her to the ACC jail, according to the report.