180723_ajw_accpd_press_conference_0009.jpg

Outside the Athens-Clarke County Police Department East Precinct in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Handgun stolen from vehicle parked behind frat house

A customized Glock handgun valued at $500 was stolen from a car parked behind the Delta Tau Delta fraternity house sometime between Nov. 7 and Nov. 9, according to an Athens-Clarke County police report.

According to the report, the victim last recalled seeing the firearm in the center console of his vehicle on Nov. 7.

The responding officer was unable to check for fingerprints due to rain and because the the victim touched the car multiple times. No signs of forced entry were found on the vehicle, according to the report.

The Glock handgun was purchased in a private sale, and the victim was unable to provide a serial number at the time of report.

Mannequins in UGA clothes stolen from Cillies downtown

Three mannequins wearing UGA apparel were stolen from outside Cillies Clothing store downtown on Nov. 10, according to an ACC police report.

According to the report, an employee noticed the figures were missing around 8 p.m. after they were outside all day. The mannequins were dressed in a combination of UGA hoodies, jackets and scarves. The mannequins and clothes were valued at a total of $195.

No suspect was identified.

Items stolen from CVS on Lexington Road

A man stole two bottles of Gold Bond lotion and five bottles of OGX shampoo from a CVS on Lexington Road around 11 a.m. Nov. 9, according to an ACC police report.

According to the report, security camera footage shows a man taking the bottles of shampoo from the shelves in the store. Police interviewed a store manager, who realized the shampoo had been stolen after being restocked. The stolen items were valued at $65, according to the report.

Store managers said they had not seen the suspect in the store before.