190201_CMB_PoliceCar_002.jpg

An Athens Clarke County police car parked outside the City Hall on College Avenue in downtown Athens, Georgia on Friday, February 1, 2019. (Photo/Caroline Barnes, http://carolinembarnes.wixsite.com/photography)

Suspect arrested for DUI and hit and run

A woman allegedly hit another car and left the scene of the accident and was later arrested for DUI and hit and run, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police incident report.

Police stopped the women because she was driving a car similar to one described by the victim in the accident. Fresh paint scrapes were found on the car. The suspect allegedly drank out of a beer bottle from the center console while she was stopped by police, according to the report.

The suspect was arrested and transported to Clarke County Jail, according to the report.

Caretaker stole $3,020 from patient’s bank account

A caretaker allegedly stole money from an elderly patient’s bank account, according to an ACCPD incident report.

The victim’s daughter said the caretaker persuaded the victim to put the caretaker’s name on his account. The victim told his daughter he was missing $3,020 from his account, and the daughter believes the caretaker is the suspect because of unspecified past incidents, according to the report.

Boy stuffed bed with pillows, sneaks out window

A 14-year old boy allegedly placed pillows in his bed and left the house out of his bedroom window, according to an ACCPD incident report.

The boy hid in the woods near his house after the police had been called. Police issued the mother a citation for juvenile curfew, and a complaint was made with juvenile court, according to the report.