blotter.jpg

(Photo/ Lexi Kim)

Refrigerator and stove stolen from for-sale home 

A refrigerator and a stove were stolen from a Winterville home sometime between June 20 and June 21, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report. The owner told police both appliances were believed to be Kenmore brand.

The owner showed police pry marks on the sliding glass and screen door, which was lying on the ground, according to the report.

An appraiser informed the owner the refrigerator and stove were stolen, according to the report. The owner told police nothing else was in the home because it was for sale.

Drunken driver crashes on GA Loop 10 

A man crashed his car into a guardrail on GA Loop 10 around 4 a.m. on June 23, according to an ACCPD report. 

According to the report, the driver told police he hit something on a different street 2-3 miles before he got on the Loop. The responding officer conducted a field test and determined the man was driving under the influence. An open vodka bottle was found in the car.

The driver’s car maintained “extensive damage,” according to the report. He was arrested for DUI, failure to maintain lane, duty to report an accident and open container and transported to the Clarke County Jail.

Man held for probation violation without original warrants

A man was arrested and transported to the Clarke County Jail for a felony probation violation on June 20, according to an ACCPD incident report and ACC court records.

The Clarke County Sheriff’s Office could not find the original copy of the warrants for the man, but the Georgia Crime Information Center showed the warrants as active. A probation hold was placed on the man by his probation officer, according to the report.

The suspect is currently in jail, according to jail records.