180723_ajw_accpd_press_conference_0006.jpg

The Athens-Clarke Police Department Bulldog outside of the ACCPD East Precinct in Athens, Georgia on Monday, July 23, 2018. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Juvenile suspect kicks officer in the face 

On Feb. 23, an ACCPD officer received a black eye from a juvenile suspect at Americas Best Value Inn, according to the police report.

The suspect was reported missing and had a pick-up warrant.

After the juvenile suspect was detained and placed in the patrol car, she kicked the car door until it “warped,” according to the report. While attempting to restrain the suspect, the officer was “kicked so hard he had bruising underneath his eye,” according to the report.

The suspect was charged with felony obstruction, simple battery and interference with government property.

Man allegedly assaulted by bouncer at Hedges 

On Feb. 24, a bar patron was allegedly assaulted by a bouncer at Hedges, according to an ACCPD report. The bouncer claimed he removed the bar patron for being disruptive and was assaulted by the patron’s friend during the exchange.

After being accused of “bumping into females,” the bar patron was grabbed by the bouncer who began leading him out of the bar. When he tried to break free of the bouncer’s grasp, he was placed in a headlock and had “little” air and blood flow to his head, the patron said in the report.

The bar patron identified the bouncer to the officer. The bouncer claimed a female told him the bar patron had pushed her. When the bouncer approached the patron inside the bar, a female began pushing the patron into the bouncer, according to the bouncer’s statement to the officer.

The bouncer began leading the patron out of the bar when a female assaulted the bouncer, leaving scratch marks on him, according to the bouncer’s statement. During this exchange, the bar patron pushed the bouncer, so he was placed in a headlock and removed from Hedges.

Once the bar patron was removed from Hedges, his friend “began to attack” the bouncer, the bouncer said in the report.

The bouncer declined to press charges, and the bar patron stated he will be pressing charges and pursuing a protective order.

Student punches teacher in the face

A student punched a teacher in the face at Catapult CCSD Learning Center on Feb. 27, according to an ACCPD report.

When the officer arrived at the classroom, the juvenile suspect exited the room and began walking down the hallway. When the officer told her to stop, she refused and continued walking. The student was handcuffed and placed in the officer’s car, according to the report.

The teacher attempted to restrain the student inside her classroom after the student claimed she wanted to go in the hall and “fight another student.” The student told the teacher “she better move” and threatened to hit her while “cussing and calling her names,” according to the report.

The suspect punched the teacher in the face. The officer observed redness and swelling on the right side of the teacher’s face, according to the report.

The teacher declined pressing charges against the student. The student was released to her mother.