180723_ajw_accpd_press_conference_0009.jpg

Outside the Athens-Clarke County Police Department East Precinct in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

$2,400 worth of clothing stolen from Belk

Two women stole approximately 50 items of clothing from Belk in the Georgia Square Mall on Jan. 8 around 7:20 p.m., according to an Athens-Clarke County police report. 

The suspects exited without purchasing the “high-end clothing” from brands such as Columbia, Nike and Under Armour. The clothing was valued at $2400, according to the report. 

Man’s car keyed at home, suspect allegedly stabbed the victim prior

A man keyed another man’s car at an unknown time between the night of Jan. 9 and the morning of Jan. 10, according to an ACC police report.

The victim told police that the suspect had stabbed him before, and that the suspect’s trial was approaching. The suspect was charged with aggravated assault by the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office.

The damage to the victim’s vehicle was valued at $200.

License plate stolen from vehicle in The Flats parking deck 

An unknown suspect stole a Florida license plate from a vehicle parked in The Flats parking garage on Jan. 9, according to an ACC police report. 

The victim returned to her apartment after class, but did not notice her license plate missing. After attending the Georgia men's basketball game against Vanderbilt, she noticed her plate was missing and reported the incident to University of Georgia police. She returned back to her apartment and saw the license plate screws were in her parking spot, so she determined the incident had occurred in the parking deck.

UGA police cancelled the original report because the incident was out of its jurisdiction. The license plate was valued at $75.