Stuff a Bus 2

Athens Transit is hosting its annual Stuff-a-Bus event to collect food donations benefitting the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia. In lieu of the holidays, the buses stationed at various Athens locations will be decked out for the season. 

Athens-Clarke County Transit hopes residents will “Stuff-a-Bus” with food items, which will benefit the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 10- Dec. 14.

ACC Transit invites people to donate nonperishable food items to fill a bus decorated for the holidays. This year will be the 8th Stuff-a-Bus event, and in previous years between 18,000-35,000 pounds of food were donated according to the ACC Transit Marketing Coordinator, Rachel Hopkins.

Hopkins said the bus will be in different locations over the days of the event.

“It’s a fun event and we’ve found people really want to participate. By varying the locations throughout the week, it makes it more convenient for those who want to give,” Hopkins said.

The bus will be parked and accepting donations from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Dec. 10-Dec. 14.

Stuff-a-bus graphic

The items most needed as identified by the Food Bank of Northeast Georgia are peanut butter, soups, chili, beef stew, canned fruits and vegetables, canned pasta, canned chicken and tuna, cereal, rice, pasta and sauce and dried or canned beans.

Everyone who donates will be entered into a competition to win door prizes.