Crawford

The Clark Atlanta University student and Clarke Central High School graduate was reported missing on Oct. 30.

Alexis Janae Crawford, a Clark Atlanta University student who has been missing since Oct. 30, was found dead on Nov. 8, Atlanta Police Department Chief Erika Shields said at a Friday press conference.

According to a Facebook post from a family member, Crawford was last seen in the Atlanta and Fulton County area. Crawford, who was 21, was a graduate of Clarke Central High School in Athens.

One of the suspects in the case led police investigators to Crawford’s body, which was located in a park off of Columbia Drive in DeKalb County. Investigators are working on securing arrest warrants for 21-year-old Jordyn Jones, Crawford’s roommate and friend, and Jones’ boyfriend, 21-year-old Barron Brantley.

“The case has come to one of the saddest conclusions possible and has been absolutely heartbreaking,” Shields said. “To Alexis’s family, our hearts go out to you. I am so truly sorry that we could not provide you with a better ending.”

The department has not found a “clear motive” for Crawford’s death, but Shields said Crawford gave a police report to APD on Oct. 27 describing “unwanted kissing and touching from” Brantley.