The building which once sold sex toys and posters will soon sell sushi and seafood.

The first Georgia location of Chuck’s Fish will move into Broad Street location which was once Junkman’s Daughter’s Brother. The location will open between late April and early May, said Dane Henderson, the general manager of FIVE Athens and Chuck’s Fish.

Chuck’s Fish is a small chain with three locations in Alabama, including a location in Tuscaloosa. It is also owned by the same group that owns FIVE Athens.

Henderson said customers can expect authentic seafood that comes straight from Destin, Florida.

“We’ll have a full sushi bar,” Henderson said. “The architecture is very retro — we wanted to enhance the experience.”

The building and interior are being designed by Lisa Ellis, the head of Lisa Ellis Design, an Athens-based design firm. Ellis and her team have previously worked on residential projects and a number of projects for the University of Georgia School of Law including the Law Library, the Dean’s Suite and conference rooms.

The location was originally a Greyhound bus station, and both Henderson and Ellis stressed the importance of an architecture scheme that establishes atmosphere and recognizes the location’s history.

“I wanted to honor Greyhound … I used original materials to the station,” Ellis said. “It needs to create the feeling like you’re in a bus station.”

Ellis added she’s trying to properly combine elements of a bus station and a seafood restaurant.

“The interior has soft seating, just like original bus stations in the 40s,” Ellis said. “And the walls will be tiled with subway tile, but [the color will] be sea green to speak to the food.”

An outdoor awning is being added to the building and Ellis said she also hopes to be able to add a neon sign in front of the restaurant. Ellis said her firm was recommended to design the building and that she has enjoyed working with Henderson and others at FIVE Athens and Chuck’s Fish.

“They’re a super cool group of people,” Ellis said. “They’re big on giving back to the community — they pretty much have their own meals on wheels thing going on.”