Crawford

The Clark Atlanta University student and Clarke Central High School graduate was reported missing on Oct. 30.

Atlanta police are searching for a senior Clark Atlanta University student from Athens who has been missing since October 30.

Alexis Janae Crawford, 21, was last seen in the Atlanta and Fulton County area, according to a Facebook post from a family member. Crawford is a graduate of Clarke Central High School.

According to an Atlanta Police Department missing person report, Crawford last contacted her sister via text message around 8:44 p.m. on Oct. 30. Crawford’s roommate last saw her at 12:30 a.m. that night.

Crawford’s family told police they last saw her wearing a black T-shirt or hoodie and a cheetah print headscarf during a FaceTime call, according to the report.

APD held a press conference with Crawford’s family members on Nov. 4 at the Atlanta Public Safety headquarters. Rev. Markel Hutchins, an Atlanta-based Baptist minister and civil rights advocate, represented the family during the conference.

“This is a very hard time for our family,” said Alexandria Crawford, Alexis Crawford’s younger sister, at the press conference. “If Lexi [is] watching, I just want you to know you’ll always be my role model. You’re my strength [and] my aspirations in life, and I just want you to come home and be safe.”

Anyone with information on Crawford’s whereabouts is asked to contact APD Detectives T. Fantauzzi at Tnfantauzzi@atlantaga.gov or J. Golphin at 404-546-4235 or Jgolphin@atlantaga.gov.