Clarke County school bus

Clarke County School District and the Athens-Clarke County Police Department are “working as partners” after a 13-year-old CCSD student was found responsible for a school threat posted on social media.

A Clarke County School District bus monitor was arrested for simple battery on Nov. 15 after she “reacted to student behavior in a verbally and physically aggressive manner,” according to an Athens-Clarke County Police press release.

According to the press release, CCSD asked ACCPD for further assistance following an initial investigation of the incident. A student on the bus told his parents and school administrators about the bus monitor’s actions, which sparked the initial investigation. The bus monitor has been fired by CCSD.

This investigation is ongoing. Police ask anyone with information about the incident to contact Det. Paul Johnson, 706-613-3330, ext.522 or at Paul.Johnson@accgov.com. They also ask concerned CCSD parents to contact Mary Walsh Wickwire at wickwirem@clarke.k12.ga.us.