Woman reports stolen Pixy Stix candies
From the front porch of his house in the Parkview Extension affordable housing community on Baxter Street, a Clarke Middle School student can …
As many University of Georgia students were packing their bags for Thanksgiving break, about 100 students, locals and community representatives were gathering at the Arch for an Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement protest about discrimination in downtown bars.
Whitney Baker Howard, the woman found guilty for the death of University of Georgia graduate student Ashley Block, was sentenced today at the …
As a follow up to the Nov. 17 march protesting discrimination in downtown Athens, the Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement is hosting a Know Your Rights workshop.
On Tuesday night, Athens-Clarke County Commissioners held a special session to discuss selling a city parking lot on Strong Street to Athens Hospitality Holdings Group, the company that owns Hotel Indigo.
While department stores across the country started gearing up for today's Black Friday sales during many families' Thanksgiving dinners, small businesses are taking today to prepare for their own sale day: Small Business Saturday.
Activists from the group Keep Birth Control Copay Free campaign set up a bus for University of Georgia students to voice their opposition to President Donald Trump’s rollback of the mandate in the Affordable Care Act.
Over 100 people gathered at the University of Georgia Arch on Nov. 17 to march through downtown Athens in protest of Jerzees Sportsbar and 9ds Bar. Both bars have had discrimination claims filed against them in recent months, according to the Athens Anti Discrimination Movement.
More recent articles
- Hotel Indigo aims to expand, partner with Athens-Clarke County
- UGA encourages participation in Small Business Saturday
- Birth Control bus rolls into Athens
- Athens residents march against discrimination in downtown bars
- Athens Anti-Discrimination Movement to protest 'racism' at Athens bars
- Athens, UGA representatives discuss relationship between university and community
- Same-sex couple attacked in downtown Athens
- Athens-Clarke County voters to decide on TSPLOST tomorrow
- First section of Firefly Trail opened to public
- Athens ranked No. 4 in best college football town list
- Bye-bye burgers and fries: Residents reminisce on Five Guys location
- Mama's Boy's second location to open Monday
- Downtown Five Guys restaurant to 'close permanently'
- UGA to roll out new bike share program
- Seeking shelter: Puerto Rican family evacuates to Winterville
- Athens-Anti Discrimination Movement pushes for removal of Broad Street Confederate monument
- Rally for Callie at the Arch protests Graham-Cassidy bill
- UGA students bring more green to downtown Athens with temporary public park
- Athens residents push back against new downtown high-rise
- ACCPD police chief visits Athens NAACP to discuss Charlottesville protests
- A dream deferred: Trump Administration moves to reverse DACA
- Athens commissioners approve downtown high-rise construction plans
- Athens residents gather at the Arch to protest the end of DACA
- BREAKING: Athens-Clarke County commission approves plans for new downtown high-rise
- Athensmade shares stories of local businesses, entrepreneurs