A car drove into a Chick-fil-A restaurant located on Alps Road around 4 a.m. on Tuesday, May 28, after being driven "erratically" through town. The vehicle was earlier reported stolen, according to the Athens-Clarke County Police Department's Communications Unit.

According to an ACCPD press release, the car was driven by a juvenile female with a juvenile male passenger. Neither the driver, passenger nor restaurant employees were injured in the accident.

ACCPD first encountered the stolen vehicle involved in the accident near downtown Athens, according to a press release. The officer in pursuit attempted to pull over the driver several times, but the driver continued to elude the officer.

Eventually the driver lost control and drove through the restaurants parking lot and smashed through the building and into its front lobby. The female was transported to the Northeast Georgia Youth Detention facility and the male was released into custody. The female faces multiple charges.

According to Chick-fil-A employees, the restaurants interior operations remain closed until further notice. Drive through operations will continue to be open during normal hours.