Waffle House

The Waffle House located on South Milledge Avenue in Five Points is set to close on Monday, June 25. 

The Waffle House in Five Points on South Milledge Avenue will be permanently closing on Monday, June 25.

The business will be closing because the property owner decided not to renew the lease for the establishment, according to Chris Holder, the manager of the location.

Beginning June 18, staff at the restaurant were informed the doors would be closing at 2 p.m. on June 25, Holder said.

“We were told that the owner of the property is deciding to go to another area of investment for his real estate,” Holder said. “They didn’t renew the lease.”

Holder, who has been working for years with Hillcrest Foods Inc., the parent company to Waffle House, said the expected closing means something to him personally.

“It’s a sad day,” Holder said, “I’ve been working with Hillcrest Foods for 28 years and this is the first store I ever managed, so it’s going to be missed. It’s just sad.”

No information has been obtained regarding what the property owner will do with the plot of land once the store is closed.