GasStationW-4.jpg

What is sometimes thought of as a leisurely trip to and from work has recently become an overpriced burden for David Robinson, a fourth-year PhD student in computer science who commutes from Athens to Comer nearly every day.

“I used to spend about $200 a month when gas prices were low, but this month alone, I spent just over $250 on gasoline for my Toyota,” Robinson said.

Gas in Athens is 29.2 cents higher per gallon than it was a year ago, according to GasBuddy, a gas price tracker site.

Average gas prices in Athens-Clarke County on Jan. 30 was $2.51, according to the American Automobile Association. This is a couple cents lower than the national average.

Compared to Georgia, Athens-Clarke County’s average is 6 cents higher than the state’s average and one of the more expensive counties for gas.

The county with the lowest gas price on Jan. 30 was Irwin with an average price of $2.19.

Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy, said the sudden rise in gas prices can be traced back to the price of oil.

“With oil maintaining strength, gasoline prices have continued to climb in many places, rising to their highest level since Hurricane Harvey dealt a blow to a significant portion of U.S. refining capacity,” said DeHaan in an email.

Around this time in 2015 and 2016, gas was less than $2 per gallon in Georgia, AAA reported. And despite the current jump in prices, they do not compare to 2013 and 2014 when prices were more than $3 a gallon.

Though the state’s average gas prices are not currently ranked highest in the nation, their effect is still felt by commuters and travelers in Athens.

“Graduate students like me who have teaching assistantships only take home $1,150 a month or so after taxes, so car expenses and gasoline in particular represent a significant chunk of a graduate student’s budget,” Robinson said.

Bradley Allen, sophomore nursing major from Oconee County, said inflated gas prices are especially taxing on students.

“While it may not be as high as in other states, it still adds to the financial burden of being a college student,” Allen said.

DeHaan expects the prices to continue rising in increments as a reaction to changes with crude oil inventories.

“I see diminishing chances of the traditional winter relief that accompanies the year’s coldest months,” DeHaan said. “The current price environment may be the floor for what could become a more expensive year than anticipated.”

kutakuta

+2348062929185** I was born into a family of gifted psychics. My father could read minds and enjoyed telling people what they were thinking. My mother could also read minds, but she had a higher power. She was blessed with the ability to concentrate on a person's desire and make it come true! Do you need to Finding balance and happiness in life ? Fulfill your life?s purpose & destiny? kutakuta and the seventh spirit called Eziza..1.I fix broken relationships, Restore marriages.. 2. I have got charms/spell to take away bad luck & give good luck in life, Binding Lovers together.. 3. Business attractions more customers and Promotions at jobs.. 4. Get job Promotions and favors at work.. 5. I chase away evil/ witchcraft, ghost, bad spell, curses, bad dreams from you.. 6. Bring back lost loves, Resurrect your Ex- Lover.. 7. Make court cases, divorces, bad debts to disappear.. 8. I have herbs for losing weight and Improve your Bedroom Experience 9.. I solve financial and domestic difficulties.. 10. I have a spell charm to bring back stolen goods.. 11. I have quick sales portions to boost customer in business.. 12. I make you gain promotions at work place.. 13. Get Quick Marriage With The Lover Of Your Heart.. 14. Get Protection At Working Place IE save Your Job Charms.. 15. Magic Ring For Luck, gambling, protection, money, business, love, wealth.. 16. Quit smoking, Alcohol and Drugs.. 17. Find your soulmate Lover.. 18. Heal Barrenness and produce TWINS.. 19. Stop Cheating to your Partner 20. Remove Bad Luck, Tolokosh, Curses, and Cleanse you.. 21. Divert Future Problems.. call kutakuta:+2348062929185 or Email: kutakutaeziza77@gmail.com Or WhatsApp +2348062929185 kutakuta and the seven spirits

kutakuta

theresawilliam

Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

1) Love Spells
2) Lost Love Spells
3) Divorce Spells
4) Marriage Spells
5) Binding Spell.
6) Breakup Spells
7) Banish a past Lover
8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
9) want to satisfy your lover
Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}