Georgia House Resolution 807, which would allow casino gambling in the state, and House Bill 677, which would lay the groundwork for using legalized gambling to increase HOPE Scholarship Program funding, will not be voted on this legislative session after being postponed in the Georgia House on Crossover Day Feb. 29.

Crossover Day is the 30th legislative day of the Georgia General Assembly's 40-day session. Per a Senate rule, no general House bill can pass to the Senate after Crossover Day. 

The bill and resolution were postponed Feb. 26 and were listed on the Feb. 29 House General Calendar. House Speaker David Ralston postponed both pieces of legislation Monday afternoon to the next legislative day, effectively ending the chances of the motion passing during this session.

Other important bills, including House Bill 757, which ensures religious freedom for private business, House Bill 859, the campus carry bill, and House Bill 792, the stun gun bill, have already passed the House and remain alive for the current legislative session.