While Nick Chubb, Jake Fromm and Kirby Smart have had their names mentioned across the country by Georgia fans this season, they may be surprised to find their names in a Chatham County court motion.

Chatham County lawyer J. Patrick Connell requested an emergency motion for continuance to move his trial from Jan. 2 to a later date so he could attend the Rose Bowl on Jan 1. One judge in the Superior Court of Chatham County, Michael Karpf, granted the motion.

The motion reads, “the undersigned counsel for Plaintiff learned on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, that his gracious older brother has procured tickets and travel accommodations for him to attend the ‘Granddaddy of Them All,’ the 104th rose Bowl Game.”

Connell cited some players, such as Roquan Smith, Nick Chubb and Jake Fromm, who “will almost certainly become legends in their own right.”

“It is truly great to be a Georgia Bulldawg, and to have a loving and generous older brother who has given me the opportunity to watch the Dawgs take on the Sooners … at what will hopefully be the last stop before we play for, and win, a national championship,” the motion reads.

And on Dec. 26, the the judge decided to pass the lawyer's motion.

“Plaintiff’s counsel recites in exquisite detail his relationship to the University of Georgia and the importance of a certain upcoming athletic contest to himself and his alma mater. Counsel may rest assured that the Court is well aware of the upcoming Rose Bowl Game and its importance to the University of Georgia faithful,” the order reads.

The order said the court “reluctantly grants” Connell’s motion, and the trial is rescheduled for Jan. 25, on two conditions.

The lawyer must inform the defendant of the granted continuance and provide written verification to the clerk of this communication. The second condition relates to the outcome of the Rose Bowl.

If Georgia loses, “Plaintiff’s counsel must appear before this Court at 9:00 a.m. on January 3rd and show cause as to why he should not be held in contempt for failing to secure a Bulldog victory through his presence in Pasadena.”