Josh Edwards

Josh Edwards Named New Assistant Manager for Athens-Clarke County. 

Blaine Williams, Manager of Athens-Clarke County Unified Government, has selected Josh Edwards to be the new Assistant Manager for ACC on June 26 after Jestin Johnson left for a position with the City of Atlanta. Edwards will oversee day-to-day operations and serve as a point of contact to Williams.

"Josh brings a wealth of experience in strategic planning, data-driven decision making, and innovative processes into the Manager's Office and the Unified Government," Williams said in the news release. "His work has focused on collaboration and problem-solving across departments to address positive changes. Those skills are particularly critical for us as a Unified Government and will serve this community well into the future."

Edwards currently serves as the Chief Innovation Officer for the city of Durham, North Carolina. In 2014, Edwards served as its Strategic Initiatives Manager.

Prior to his arrival in Durham in 2014, Edwards served as a Senior Budget Analyst for Cary, North Carolina, and also served on the Board of Directors of the North Carolina Local Government Budget Association as Vice President and President.

Edwards received his master’s degree in public administration from the University of North Carolina and his bachelors degree from Wake Forest University.

Edwards first day will start July 22.