180723_ajw_accpd_press_conference_0009.jpg

Outside the Athens-Clarke County Police Department East Precinct in Athens, Georgia. (Photo/Tony Walsh)

Man arrested after entering wrong apartment with firearm

A man who had felony warrants for probation violation accidentally entered the wrong apartment with a firearm at Oak Hill Drive on Aug. 9, according to an ACCPD press release. The man fled the scene in a vehicle with two other individuals.

Responding officers stopped the vehicle and apprehended the suspect. He was charged with criminal trespass, simple assault, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and obstruction of a law enforcement officer.

Police released the other two individuals, according to the press release.

Police ask anyone with information regarding the incident to contact Detective David Norris at 706-613-3330, ext. 556.

Shots fired at Garnett Ridge Drive, no one hurt

Two individuals allegedly shot at a man on Garnett Ridge Drive around 9:20 p.m. on Aug. 10, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Department press release.

According to the press release, the 34-year old victim was uninjured, but his truck sustained a bullet hole in the door and some of the truck windows were shattered.

Police ask anyone with information to contact Detective David Norris at 706-613-3330, ext. 556.