Reince Priebus

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus started his speech at the Republican National Convention praising American history and values, recalling past civil rights accomplishments and American heroism around the world at places such as the beaches of Normandy during D-Day.

"To some people, America is just a country," he said "To Republicans, America is the greatest country in the world."

Preibus was lead on stage with a video praising the Republican National Convention over its 2014 coordination, leading to a rowdy applause of Preibus, who is effectively the chief strategist of the party.

He is credited with massive GOP gains in every midterm that he has presided over and is credited with the tide of Republican victories in his home state of Wisconsin as the chair of that state's GOP. 

"A Clinton presidency only means more debt, more Obamacare and no chance to see a raise," Preibus said as he quickly transitioned into an attack on Hillary Clinton.

He criticized Clinton's track record as the secretary of state and her email scandal.

"She lied. Over and over and over," Preibus said over chants of "Lock her up."

He closed his speech with lines encouraging unity in the Republican Party, especially needed after Ted Cruz's speech at the convention July 20 and the noted absence of many powerful GOP figures such as the Bush family, Mitt Romney and John Kasich.