Early voting

Election Day is less than a month away.

Athens residents will be heading to the polling booth to vote for the mayor, commissioners, Board of Education members, congressional representatives and more. Statewide, Georgians will be voting for the next governor, lieutenant governor and secretary of state, among others.

The May 22 election will include the general primary, nonpartisan general election and special election.

The last day to register for the May election is this Tuesday, April 24.

Advanced Voting

Advanced voting will be offered from Monday, April 30 through Friday, May 18, at the Athens-Clarke County Board of Elections from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturdays.

From May 14-18, the county will hold additional voting sites at the Athens Regional Library and on the lower floor of City Hall from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.

A complete list of the polling locations can be found here.

Here’s a glimpse of what the May ballot will look like. The full ballot can be found on the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government site.

Local

State

Federal

Correction: A previous version of this article misidentified the title of the Clarke County School District Board of Education race. The Red & Black regrets this error and it has since been corrected.